Monday, June 8, 2015

Excuses, excuses....

So how's your determination going? Have you been working on your first milestone?

I tell you, I like succeeding. All week, I exchanged one of my unhealthy, quick, processed food snacks, for a healthy carrot and dip snack pack. I got mine at Walmart for about $1.25. Put one in my lunch with my entree. It was that simple. I haven't seen a physical change in my body from changing one snack, but I feel better.

If you haven't succeeded with your first step - why? Perhaps there is an obstacle in your way. If that is the case, you should take a step away and re-evaluate the steps needed to succeed in your determination.

If part of my determination to lose weight was to start going to the gym, and my first step was to start going to the gym every other day for a week, and I didn't because I didn't have a gym membership or good tennis shoes, I would stop and rewrite my first step. The first step would be to get shoes. The 2nd step would be to join a gym. After that, I would have no excuses not to go to the gym. Not wanting to exercise is not an excuse or an obstacle in my way. It is just me saying I don't want to. But I want to lose the weight. To lose the weight, I have to exercise. Which is more stubborn - my feelings against the gym or my wanting to lose weight?

Don't let excuses prevent you from achieving your goals. You can do something about excuses. Say I don't have money for good tennis shoes. I can take a further step back and make it a goal to save the money needed for new shoes. Put $10 aside every paycheck. Pretty soon I will have the money. That excuse is crossed off the list. Then I can go to the store and get new shoes. Then I can join a gym. Then I can start exercising. No more excuses.

Get rid of the excuses in your life.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment