Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Perseverance


I want my business to succeed. I am going to do everything in my power to make it succeed. Even when it is hard and the sales aren't coming. I have to believe that my business will succeed.

Perseverance - steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles or discouragement. (Dictionary.com)

To be a small business owner takes a lot of time, energy and effort. You have to have a product you believe in, that you believe people will buy. You have to have the knowledge to market this product to the public, whether it is in print ads or social media or television. And you need the sheer stubbornness to see it through the end and not give up when things get hard. 

Things are hard right now. I was laid off from my job and I am currently looking for another so I can pay bills. It isn't easy. I have been in one field for over 10 years and I am burned out by it. I don't want to do it again, and so I have to start over in the job market. 

At the same time, I am working on Jen's Tangled Threads. Taking new pictures, updating SEO, promoting on social media. Not giving up on my dream to be able to be my own boss. 

I am so very stubborn. Just ask my mother. When I want something, I do everything I can in order to succeed. I do not like to admit failure, but then, who does? 

If you are passionate about something, like I am about knitting and crocheting, there is no reason you shouldn't try your absolute best to achieve your goals. Yes, there are obstacles, but any successful business owner who tells you the road to success was easy is feeding you a load of manure. It takes hard work, time, failures, small successes and deep reflection. You have to look inside yourself and ask yourself - can I do this? Is this what I want out of life? 

I read a saying somewhere that entrepreneurs work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours for someone else. This is so true. Every minute I have I am thinking about my business. What do I have to do to make it better? Is there a better product I could make? Which craft shows will be better for me to attend? Where can I find cheaper yarn? Most of my Facebook posts are about yarn or my cats or my son. What can I say? I love yarn. I do not apologize for it. 

The point of this post is to encourage you to persevere. In the face of obstacles and hardships, you must persevere. You must be stubborn and say, No! I'm not going to throw in the towel! This is too important to me. 

I'm not just talking about small business owners. I'm talking about any goal that you may have. I am determined to quit smoking. I am determined to lose weight. I am determined to run a marathon. I am determined to get my law degree at the age of 47. 

If you are determined to do something, do it. Persevere. Don't give up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment