Sunday, July 12, 2015

Featured product - Wool Dryer Balls

Honestly, who has time to do laundry all day? I certainly don't.

I have something that will drastically reduce the amount of time you spend doing laundry.

Wool Dryer Balls

These are my amazing wool dryer balls. Amazing? Why, yes, they are. I use these with every load of laundry and my drying time is noticeably shorter. Just put up to 6 in the dryer with your wet laundry, and watch as your clothes are dried faster. I can dry a heavy quilt in about 35 minutes. Normally it would take over an hour to dry. Not when you add these amazing dryer balls.

Wool Dryer Balls


What are they made of? These are 100% wool. No fillers, no essential oils, nada. I hand roll every single ball, then felt them 3 times. The end result is a beautiful wool ball that gives you savings with every load of laundry.

How do they work? When placed in a dryer with wet clothes, they bounce around and through your clothes, helping circulate hot air to dry your clothes faster. They are a natural fabric softener, beating against your clothes and "fluffing" them. They are also a great static reducer. If you  have synthetic fibers, you can wet 2 or 3 of the balls with water and toss them in the dryer. 

wool dryer balls


How will they save me money? Your drying time is shortened. Plain and simple. When your dryer isn't running as long, this translates into savings on your electric bill. Also, you eliminate the need for fabric softener and dryer sheets. Cutting down on your grocery bill. These amazing dryer balls last for years! Imagine how much you will save on your electric bill over the course of years. 

If that doesn't convince you, you will also reduce the amount of harmful chemicals in your house with these dryer balls. Fabric softeners contain harmful chemicals that can be deadly when swallowed by young children. 

Dryer sheets contain the following chemicals:
A-Terpineol - Associated with central nervous system disorders
Benzyl Acetate - A carcinogen linked to pancreatic cancer
Benzyl Alcohol - An upper respiratory tract irritant
Camphor - Listed on the EPA's Hazardous Waste list
Ethyl Acetate - Also listed on the EPA's Hazardous Waste list

How many of us have dogs or cats who chew on anything on the floor? Imagine what these will do to your pets. 

Our skin is the largest organ of our bodies. Our skin absorbs anything we put on it, including these chemicals when we put on freshly dried clothes. Why are we introducing these chemicals to our bodies? Our children's bodies.

wool dryer balls




My dryer balls are eco-friendly. You will reduce your carbon footprint with a lowered electric bill, and you won't be putting more hazardous waste in our water supply or landfills. 

If your pet or child gets a hold of one of my dryer balls, no problem! There are no chemicals, no oils, no scents on my dryer balls. Your child can chew on these with no repercussions. Of course, always supervise pets and children. While they are too big to fit into a child's mouth, a larger dog could potentially swallow a ball. 

wool dryer balls


They do make great cat toys! Sprinkle with a bit of cat nip and watch your little meow go crazy batting it across the floor. 

Listen, I'm not going to try and sell you something I haven't tested over and over again myself. I love these dryer balls. My friends love them. My family loves them. You are going to love these dryer balls. 

wool dryer balls
Don't be fooled by imitators. The plastic dryer balls you can buy in the stores can break down and create sharp edges, snagging on clothing. When the plastic is heated, it releases harmful chemicals in the air and into your lungs.

I do not include essential oil scents with my dryer balls. There are a lot of people out there who are extremely sensitive to scents and oils. That doesn't mean you can't add your favorite scents to your balls. Please do! I have heard they last a long time and are more natural than the scented dryer sheets or pellets. 

Have I sold you on my wonderful dryer balls yet? Stop by my Etsy shop or my website and order yours today! http://www.jenstangledthreads.com or http://jenstangledthreads.etsy.com. I ship worldwide! Most orders will ship next day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment